Early bird registration closes April 28! Reserve your spot today to take part in the pre-eminent multidisciplinary conference on supportive care in cancer. Reserve Now.
Highlights here include: COVID-19 Plenary Session and Meet the Expert Sessions. View all the 2021 program highlights.
COVID-19 Plenary Session
- Lecture 1: “Overview of COVID-19 Pandemic” with Dr José Miguel Cisneros Herreros (Spain)
- Lecture 2: “The Impact of COVID-19 on Cancer Care and Patients” with Dr Matti Aapro (Switzerland)
- Lecture 3: “The Ethics / Law Around Triaging and Rationing Treatment in Times of Pandemics” with Prof Richard Huxtable (United Kingdom)
Other sessions on COVID-19 will also be featured, including several oral proffered papers on this topic.
Meet the Expert – Writing for Supportive Care in Cancer
- Increase your understanding of the requirements for preparing and submitting manuscripts for publication consideration to MASCC’s journal, Supportive Care in Cancer.
- Speakers Dr Fred Ashbury (Canada), Dr Ian Olver (Australia) and Dr Jørn Herrstedt (Denmark) will describe key issues from three perspectives: editor, author, and peer reviewer.
Meet the Expert – How to Become a MASCC Designated Center of Excellence in Supportive Care in Cancer
- In recent years, new dedicated acute Supportive Care Units have been born around the world with the aim to treat patients for uncontrolled symptoms or oncologic therapy-related toxicities starting from diagnosis throughout the course of anticancer therapies.
- Speakers Dr Carla Ida Ripamonti, Dr Inessa Kononenko and Dr Andrea Antonuzzo will discuss the culture and organization of these Supportive Care Units as well as how to become a MASCC Designated Center of Excellence in Supportive Care in Cancer.