How to Join
To join a study group, you must be a MASCC member.
- Log in to your member account by clicking “Member Login” in the top right of the screen.
- Enter your username and password and then click on “Manage My Account/Profile”.
- Scroll down to your profile data and select “Edit”.
- Then select this study group as one of your three study group selections. Click SAVE.
Mission and Goals
Advances in cancer screening, early detection, treatments, and supportive care have produced a progressive increase in the number of cancer survivors over recent decades. The Survivorship Study Group considers survivorship to span the time between diagnosis and the end of life. Its mission encompasses realization of the fullest potential of cancer survivors in all spheres of life. Accordingly, its areas of effort include prevention of new or recurrent cancer, surveillance for new or recurring cancer, interventions for prevention and management of cancer symptoms and treatment side effects (including prehabilitation and rehabilitation), and coordination between specialists and primary care providers to ensure that all survivor needs are met. The term “survivor” or “survivorship” is used to describe a population of people with a cancer diagnosis, rather than a label that individuals may or may not resonate with.
The MASCC Survivorship Study Group works to optimize wellness by improving outcomes for people affected by cancer. Its projects are designed to address the following objectives:
- Foster international collaborative research and educational initiatives in cancer survivorship
- Raise awareness about cancer survivorship issues and resources
- Foster the professional development of junior researchers in the field by awarding junior researcher awards and training fellowships
- Develop clinical guidelines on topics relevant to cancer survivorship
- Contribute to the MASCC Annual Meeting through presentations and workshops that focus on cancer survivorship
- Collaborate with other Study Groups to advance care and outcomes for all cancer survivors
Survivorship Subgroup: Exercise Oncology
Chair: Nicolas Hart, PhD, AES,CSCS, ESSAF (Australia)
Dagmara Magdalena Poprawski, MBBS, MCTM, FRACGP, FACRRM, FACTM, FRACP (Saudi Arabia)
Recent scientific publications from the Survivorship Study Group