The purpose of this document is to specify the requirements for a Best of MASCC Meeting. A Best of MASCC Meeting is a MASCC-endorsed conference held in a region or continent other than that of the Annual Meeting and comprising selected Annual Meeting presentations. The goal of the Best of MASCC program is to disseminate the most recent advances and guidelines in supportive care in cancer to healthcare professionals on a local level, who are unable to attend the Annual Meeting. Holding a Best of MASCC Meeting requires formal application and approval by the MASCC Executive Committee.
Criteria for Best of MASCC Meetings
- All speakers must be members of MASCC. This is to ensure that they are recognized as credible and that they represent the organization.
- The content of a Best of MASCC meeting should generally cover a range of supportive care topics. A Best of MASCC meeting on a particular topic, feature, or theme is also possible. In such a case, this should be clear in the meeting title, for example, a Best of MASCC Meeting on CINV.
- Supportive care encompasses all aspects of care and involves a variety of disciplines and specialists. Therefore, the meeting should be open for attendance by, and accessible to, an interdisciplinary audience.
- The location of the meeting must be in a different region or continent from the MASCC Annual Meeting of the same year. The Best of MASCC Meeting must take place a minimum of three months before or a minimum of two months after the MASCC Annual Meeting.
Terms of Application
Submitting an application for a Best of MASCC Meeting assumes agreement with the following conditions.
- The agenda, program, and topics must be approved by the MASCC Executive Committee prior to advertising the event. Ideally, this would be two to three months before the meeting.
- The final content of the program must be approved by the MASCC Executive Committee and/or President. For this to occur, the content must be sent to the MASCC Executive Director no later than two weeks before the event is to take place.
- The MASCC logo, when it appears on slides or guidelines, must not be altered from its original source. MASCC slides must not carry any commercial logos.
- All materials containing the MASCC logo (marketing materials, etc.) must be pre-approved in writing by MASCC Executive Director and Executive Committee prior to being publicly released.
- If sponsorship will be sought from external companies, the companies must be approved by the Executive Director and Executive Committee to mitigate donor or sponsorship fatigue and to minimize duplicate MASCC requests to external companies.
- Delegates must be given an option to provide feedback on the meeting and the findings must be shared with the MASCC Board of Directors no later than 90 days after the Best of MASCC Meeting.
In support of the Best of MASCC Meeting, abstracts will be provided by MASCC. Slides will also be provided by MASCC, contingent on permission of the original presenters from the MASCC/ISOO Annual Meeting.