The deadline to submit is April 1 of the given year.
To encourage ongoing research to improve supportive care in cancer.
MASCC recognizes individuals who have contributed significantly to MASCC-led research activities within the past two (2) years.
The recipient will be recognized at the Annual Meeting and in MASCC publications, as deemed appropriate. The recipient will receive an invitation to the Awards Reception to receive their award certificate.
- Nominees must be current members of MASCC and in good standing.
- Nominees must be an early-mid career researcher (within their first ten (10) years of training).
- Nominees must have made a significant contribution to MASCC-led research activities within the past two (2) years.
- Nominees must have an endorsement by:
- A current MASCC member in good standing with the Society (by way of the completed nomination form), and
- A MASCC Study Group Leader and/or MASCC Board Member (by way of the support letter(s)).
- Nominees who have previously been awarded the Emerging Investigator Award are not eligible.
Please download the form at the top of this page for submission instructions.
- Any current MASCC member (including self-nomination) may nominate an individual for the Emerging Investigator Award.
- A nomination package should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- Nomination Form,
- No less than one (1) but no more than four (4) letters of support by MASCC members, including at least one (1) endorsement by a MASCC Study Group Leader and/or MASCC Board Member, and
- Any relevant publications or abstracts related to the activities of interest.
- Nomination package must be received by the designated due date.
- A call for nominations will be published on the MASCC website and via email to all members
- All nominations will be reviewed by the MASCC Awards Committee. Nominations will be considered based on (1) level of contribution, (2) number of MASCC research projects, (3) impact of projects, and (4) quality of research.
- The MASCC Awards Committee will select the award recipient based on the nominee’s contributions to MASCC-led research within the past two (2) years.
- There will be only one (1) recipient of the Emerging Investigator Award per year. Awards will be based on the merits of each individual nominee.
- The award recipient will be notified by email.
- An award may not be presented if there are no qualified submissions in a given year.