The deadline to submit is April 1 of the given year.
To encourage the continued development of best practices and evidence-based guidelines to be used globally for supportive cancer care.
MASCC recognizes individuals who have contributed substantially to MASCC guideline(s) in the past two (2) years.
The recipient will be recognized at the Annual Meeting and in MASCC publications, as deemed appropriate. The recipient will receive an invitation to the Awards Reception to receive their award certificate.
- Nominees must be current members of MASCC and in good standing.
- Nominees must have made a significant contribution or led MASCC guideline(s) development within the past two (2) years.
- Nominees must have an endorsement by:
- A current MASCC member in good standing with the Society (by way of the completed nomination form), and
- A MASCC Study Group Leader and/or MASCC Board Member (by way of the support letter(s)).
- Nominees who have previously been awarded are not eligible.
Please download the form at the top of this page for submission instructions.
- Any current MASCC member (including self-nomination) may nominate an individual for the Guideline Leadership Award.
- A nomination package should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- Nomination Form,
- No less than one (1) but no more than four (4) letters of support by MASCC members, including at least one (1) endorsement by a MASCC Study Group Leader and/or MASCC Board Member, and
- The guideline(s) published or the current draft document(s).
- Nomination package must be received by the designated due date.
- A call for nominations will be published on the MASCC website and via email to all members
- All nominations will be reviewed by the MASCC Awards Committee. Nominations will be considered based on (1) level of contribution, (2) number of MASCC guidelines, and (3) quality of guidelines.
- The MASCC Awards Committee will select the award recipient based on the on the nominee’s contributions to MASCC guidelines within the past two (2) years.
- There will be only one (1) recipient of the Guideline Leadership Award per year. Awards will be based on the merits of each individual nominee.
- The award recipient will be notified by email.
- An award may not be presented if there are no qualified submissions in a given year.