The deadline to submit is April 1 of the given year.
To recognize outstanding published articles with leading academic journals, which are essential to share information and ideas globally.
MASCC recognizes individuals who have a first author publication on an original article in a leading academic journal on a topic related to supportive cancer care (related to MASCC or outside of MASCC) within the last year.
The recipient will be recognized at the Annual Meeting and in MASCC publications, as deemed appropriate. The recipient will receive an invitation to the Awards Reception to receive their award certificate.
- Nominees must be current members of MASCC and in good standing.
- Nominees must be the first author on a publication that is an original article in a leading journal on a topic related to supportive care in cancer (related to MASCC or outside of MASCC) within the last year.
- Nominees must have an endorsement by:
- A current MASCC member in good standing with the Society (by way of the completed nomination form), and
- A MASCC Study Group Leader and/or MASCC Board Member (by way of the support letter(s)).
- Nominees who have previously been awarded the Outstanding Publication Award are not eligible.
Please download the form at the top of this page for submission instructions.
- Any current MASCC member (including self-nomination) may nominate an individual for the Outstanding Publication Award.
- A nomination package should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- Nomination Form,
- No less than one (1) but no more than four (4) letters of support by MASCC members, including at least one (1) endorsement by a MASCC Study Group Leader and/or MASCC Board Member, and
- The publication related to the nomination.
- Nomination package must be received by the designated due date.
- A call for nominations will be published on the MASCC website and via email to all members.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the MASCC Awards Committee. Nominations will be considered based on one (1) single research project and will review (1) level of contribution, (2) impact, (3) innovation, and (4) quality of research.
- The MASCC Awards Committee will select the award recipient based on the nominee’s contributions to publish an original article in a leading academic journal on a topic related to supportive cancer care within the past one (1) year.
- There will be only one (1) recipient of the Outstanding Publication Award per year. Awards will be based on the merits of each individual nominee.
- The award recipient will be notified by email.
- An award may not be presented if there are no qualified submissions in a given year.