MASCC's Highest Honor
The MASCC Distinguished Service Award recognizes meritorious service and outstanding contribution to MASCC and its mission. Award recipients are nominated by their peers and should demonstrate exemplary leadership and accomplishments. This award is presented to one (1) individual each year at the Annual Meeting.
Any MASCC member may nominate a colleague for this award. The nominee must be a MASCC member in good standing and should demonstrate exemplary leadership and accomplishments, including contributions in the areas of research, education, and/or clinical supportive care in cancer. Nominees should exemplify the mission and goals of the Society.
A call for nominations will be made every January. The deadline to submit is April 1 of the given year.
MASCC Distinguished Service Award Policy
To recognize meritorious achievement and outstanding contributions to MASCC and its mission.
Distinguished Service Award winners are nominated by peers and should demonstrate exemplary leadership and accomplishments in supporting the Society’s mission. The Distinguished Service Award is reserved for those with the highest levels of support to the Society and unparalleled contributions to the Society’s mission. This award is presented at the Annual Meeting.
The recipient will be recognized at the Annual Meeting and in MASCC publications, as deemed appropriate. The recipient will receive complimentary registration to the meeting (if registration has already been purchased for that given year, they will receive complimentary registration to the next annual meeting). The recipient will be recognized at the Opening Ceremony.
- Nominees must be current members of MASCC and in good standing with the Society.
- Nominees must have made a significant contribution in the following:
- and/or clinical supportive care in cancer.
- Nominees must exemplify the mission and goals of the Society and must have made major contributions to the Society.
- Nominees who have previously been awarded the Distinguished Service Award are not eligible.
Please download the form at the top of this page for submission instructions.
- Any current MASCC member may nominate an individual for the Distinguished Service Award.
- A nomination packet should be submitted to email@example.com that includes the following:
- Cover letter,
- Nominee information,
- Nominator information,
- Nominee’s current CV, and
- No less than three (3) but no more than six (6) letters of support by MASCC members.
- The nomination cover letter should address the following items:
- Specific contributions to MASCC,
- Description of nominee’s accomplishments within MASCC and their support of MASCC’s mission, and
- Persuasive rationale and reasoning for why the nominee should be considered for this award.
- Nomination letters and packets must be received by the designated due date.
- A call for nominations will be published on the MASCC website and via email to all members.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the MASCC Awards Committee. Its recommendations will be forwarded to the Executive Committee for confirmation.
- Selection will be based on the following:
- Nominee’s contributions to MASCC, and
- Nominee’s involvement and support of MASCC and its mission.
- There will be only one (1) recipient of the Distinguished Service Award per year. Awards will be based on the merits of each individual nominee.
- The award recipient will be notified by email.