Nominations are submitted with Study Group Annual Reports. The deadline to submit is April 1 of the given year.
To recognize the study group and study group leader who demonstrated exceptional leadership to further research and development in supportive cancer care.
The Outstanding Study Group Award recognizes a Study Group’s excellence and outstanding achievement in promoting, activating, and executing activity within the Study Group in the past year.
The Outstanding Study Group Leader Award recognizes the principal driver of the main project that led to the Study Group’s recognition as the Outstanding Study Group.
The Outstanding Study Group and Outstanding Study Group Leader recipient will be recognized at the Annual Meeting and in MASCC publications as deemed appropriate. The Outstanding Study Group Leader recipient will receive a complimentary conference registration to the following year’s Annual Meeting. The recipient will receive an invitation to the Awards Reception to receive their award certificate.
- The individual recipient must be a MASCC member in good standing.
- The individual recipient must be an active and engaged member within their Study Group and the principal driver of the successful project (they may or may not be a Study Group Chair or Vice-Chair).
- Nominees who have previously been awarded the Outstanding Study Group Leader Award are not eligible.
- Study Group Chairs and Vice-Chairs must submit an annual report which must be received by the designated due date, as determined by the Executive Committee. The Annual Report may include nominations for the Outstanding Study Group Leader Award.
- Nominations for The Outstanding Study Group and Outstanding Study Group Leader Award recipients will be reviewed by the MASCC Awards Committee.
- Selection will be based on the following:
- Annual Report submitted by the Study Group, and
- Feedback given by the relevant Study Group Leaders, MASCC Executive Director and the MASCC Associate Director.
- The award recipient will be notified by email.